Release notes for
"It's a Trap"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
- contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- improve plugin loading robustness: do not ever unload a plugin after calling into it: should fix mystery crashers during registry loading when a plugin init function returns FALSE (e.g. when some supporting library fails to initialise or a wrapper plugin found no features to wrap and wrongly returned FALSE)
- configurable memory alignment for GstBuffers
- add QoS message to inform apps of lost data, dropped frames etc.
- basesink, basetransform: add support for new QoS message
- basetransform: accept non-fixed caps suggestions
- basesrc: fix gst_base_src_new_seamless_segment()
- GstController fixes and optimisations
- set thread name for pad tasks on Linux
- pipeline, bin: fix refcount issue when removing elements during a state change
- queue2: implement seeking in download mode
- queue2: implement flushing in download buffering
- queue2: improve buffer level measurement in download mode
- fdsrc: allow specifying the size in bytes on the uri
- build fixes: better checks for uint128_t, inline assembly on OSX, compilation if HAVE_REGISTER_PRINTF_SPECIFIER is undefined, gobject-introspection
- two symbols were removed that had been exported but never been used or been declared in any header file: gst_element_default_error and gst_element_request_compatible_pad
Bugs fixed in this release
: [basetransform] Suggesting non-fixed caps or no size doesn't work for upstream negotiation
: [API] Add GST_TAG_USER_RATING
: docs build failures with -jN: cp: cannot create regular file `build/image.entities': File exists
: Position not updated after a backwards gst_event_new_step()
: configurable buffer alignment
: autoconf fails with gobject-introspection
: [uridecodebin] Needs to disable download buffering for non-fast-start files
: Can't compile with introspection support
: build with libtool 1.x.y only works if --disable-shave is used
: basetransform now ignores suggestions from capsfilter
: basesrc pushes two newsegment
: Use G_VALUE_COLLECT_INIT if available
: Typo in debug_dump_pad function
: Set thread names on pipeline threads
: gstutils.c inline asm typo, compilation fails
: [API][tags] add new geo tags
: Build fails because HAVE_REGISTER_PRINTF_SPECIFIER is undefined
: [utils] gst_pad_proxy_setcaps() doesn't handler iterator resyncs
: delayed set in gst-launch are not recursive
: git-update.sh script does not work on fresh git repository clones
: gstinfo: no previous prototype for 'xxx' when buildign with --disable-gst-debug
: utils: Use G_GNUC_CONST instead of G_GNUC_PURE for conversion functions
: libgstreamer build failure on OS X x86_64
: out of srcdir build fails for libs/gst/check
: " warning: cast increases required alignment of target type " with gcc 4.2.1 on arm
: [bin] refcount issue when removing element in error
: Add some more custom flow returns
: [LFOControlSource] Use correct setter for double GValues
: Crash in gst_interpolation_control_source_find_control_point_iter
- API additions
- API deprecations
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the
gstreamer download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gstreamer repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
- Alan Knowles
- André Dieb Martins
- Benjamin Otte
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jeremy Huddleston
- Jonas Holmberg
- Leo Singer
- Mart Raudsepp
- Philip Withnall
- Philippe Normand
- Robert Swain
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Kost
- Thiago Santos
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans