Release notes for
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
- contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- State change handling improvements
- New improved GstController API
- Multi-queue fixes and enhancements
- Fewer dynamic library relocations
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
- Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
: registry is read twice on startup
: pkgconfigify the check for Check in configure.ac
: [multiqueue] leaks memory when flushing
: saving relocations for GstElementDetails
: [API] add GstParamSpecFraction
: build error with grammar.tab.c
: state changes are racy with decodebin after rewrite for 0...
: [capsfilter] Should set src pad caps on buffer
: Incomplete ghostpads in xml session save
: minor quoting fix in gst-feature.m4 macro
: [GstController] Improve extensibility by providing a GstC...
: [API] add GST_TAG_LICENSE_URI and GST_TAG_COPYRIGHT_URI
: gst_registry_lookup_feature_locked is slow
: Regression in async state change handling
: make gst_element_class_set_details_simple args const
: multiqueue doesn't output data on unlinked pads properly
: registry feature hash can access invalid memory
: buffer_alloc is not proxied through tee
: GstTee doesn't handle pad list resyncs properly
: [capsfilter] Copy of passed GstCaps taken instead of refe...
: [PATCH] multiqueue returns wrong internally linked pads
- API additions
- Add GstParamSpecFraction, so elements can have fraction
properties without lots of painful string parsing (#444648).
- Add fail_unless_equals_float() and assert_equals_float()
- Add gst_type_register_static_full
- Add gst_element_class_set_details_simple
- Refactor GstController into the core controller which can take
a GstControlSource for providing actual values for timestamps.
- add GST_TAG_LICENSE_URI and GST_TAG_COPYRIGHT_URI (#451939)
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the
gstreamer download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gstreamer repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
- Andy Wingo
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Sebastian Dröge
- Sebastien Moutte
- Stefan Kost
- Steve Fink
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Tim Angus
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Tommi Vainikainen
- Wim Taymans
- Étienne Noreau-Hébert