Release notes for
GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.22
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- alpha: add support for different color matrixes
- alpha: add support for generating ARGB output
- alpha: add support for ARGB, RGB and xRGB input
- alphacolor: support inplace and on-the-fly conversions from AYUV to ARGB
- alphacolor: Implement color-matrix support and use integer arithmetic only
- videobox: add support for most common RGB(A), (A)YUV, and grayscale formats
- videobox: add support for on-the-fly conversions for some formats
- videobox: add support for filling the background with red, yellow and white
- videobox: add support for YV12, including conversion support for I420/AYUV
- videomixer: add support for ABGR and RGBA
- shapewipe: add support for the remaining ARGB formats
- qtdemux, matroska: export h.264 profile and level in caps
- multifilesink: Add key-frame option to next-file
- directsoundsink: Implement SPDIF support for AC3
- h264depay: handle STAPs properly
- speexdec: adapt to new oggdemux
- flvdemux: mark delta frames properly
- flvdemux: improve index building and scaning in pull mode
- flvdemux: add support for backwards playback (when operating in pull mode)
- avidemux: fix offset handling in push mode seeking
- matroskademux: prefer index of video track to perform seeking
- matroskademux: add support for backwards playback (when operating in pull mode)
- matroskademux: push correctly sized flac header buffers
- matroskademux: restrict resyncing to subtitle tracks
- rtpsession: Make it possible to favor new sources in case of SSRC conflict
- rtspsrc: send keep alive when paused
- rtspsrc: handle ipv6 listening ports when needed
- rtspsrc: require a destination for multicast
- rtspsrc: parse connection information
- qtdemux: Set stream-format=raw on AAC caps
- qtdemux: add XMP parsing support
- qtdemux: Read replaygain peak/gain tags
- qtdemux: extract stream language in more cases
- id3demux: fix parsing of unsynced frames with data length indicator
- jpegdec: don't crash if jpeg image contains more than three components
- ximagesrc: send new segment event in TIME format
- mp4gdepay: improve constantDuration guessing
- h264pay: fix config-interval property
- rtspsrc: add property to control the buffering method
- png: make work with libpng 1.4
Bugs fixed in this release
: [avidemux] Allow seeking in push mode
: [dv1394src] live streaming / clock issues
: Test suite not slow-machine-safe(?)
: [flvmux] script tag with index gets written at end of file, contains all tags
: matroska-demuxer triggers an assert in gststructure.c
: [udpsink] Can't set TTL socket option
: Make it possible to favor new sources in case of SSRC conflict
: [flvdemux] Be more flexible in script tag (metadata) parsing
: [ximagesrc] should send new_segment with GST_FORMAT_TIME format
: [multiudpsink] [PATCH] Fix print of socket's error code on Windows
: [rtspsrc] lock/performance problem
: Segfault in rtspsrc (tcp interleaved and local gst-rtsp-server)
: [rtph264depay] refuse caps without profile-level-id when byte-stream is unset
: rtspsrc with tcp timeouts after recent commit
: pngenc can't be built against libpng 1.4.x anymore
: [udpsink] regression when external sockfd is used
: Deprecated macro in gstspeexdec.c causes compile error in MSVC
: [flvmux] always put duration in metadata tag
: [flvmux] EOS after supposedly reaching FLV timestamp limit, but real limit is lower
: rtph264pay does not insert config parameters anymore in the stream
: [flvmux] put more info (like width and height) in the metadata
: [rtph264depay] wrong timestamp for gst_base_rtp_depayload_push_ts?
: New warnings in osx plugins
: [jpegenc] Updating caps is not supported
: [id3demux] doesn't read tags from file correctly (tag with unsynced frames, data length indicator)
: matroskademux: can't correctly demux flac-in-MKV
: fix small compile break if $(top_srcdir) != $(top_builddir)
: matroskademux: wrong H.264 demux in some file
: videomixer makes some formats grayscale
: [qtdemux] Gstreamer not reading replaygain tags from m4a files
: Export h.264 profile and level in caps
: racy stream status leave implementation
: [jpegenc] sink pad returns ANY (not subset of its template) when connected to a filesink
: [alphacolor] unneeded variable
: qtdemux: Post avg/max bitrate tags for H.264
: h264depay: STAP are handled the wrong way
: [videobox] I420- > AYUV conversion broken
: Remove -Wundef from CFLAGS
: [deinterlace] broken ...
: doesn't detect HAVE_CPU_I386 or HAVE_CPU_X86_64 properly on Solaris
: GOOM plugin crashes on Solaris when built with MMX code enabled
: [videobox] Use correct order for RGB filling
: [videomixer] AYUV blending broken
: [cairotextoverlay] Out-of-range deltas give SIGSEGV or other funkyness
: [jpegdec] Crash in jpeg_idct_ifast if more than 3 components
: [qtdemux] parse Macintosh language codes
: [flactag] when used after flacenc: gst_adapter_take_buffer: assertion `nbytes > 0'
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the
gst-plugins-good download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-good repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Andoni Morales Alastruey
- André Dieb Martins
- Arun Raghavan
- Benjamin Otte
- Brian Cameron
- Damien Lespiau
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Urbański
- Julien Moutte
- Marco Ballesio
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Michael Smith
- Olivier Crête
- Raimo Järvi
- Rob Clark
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Kost
- Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo
- Thiago Santos
- Thijs Vermeir
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Tristan Matthews
- Wim Taymans
- Руслан Ижбулатов