Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plugins 1.8.2
The GStreamer team is proud to announce the second bugfix release in the stable
1.8 release series of your favourite cross-platform multimedia framework!
This release only contains bugfixes and it is safe to update from 1.8.1. For a
full list of bugfixes see Bugzilla.
See /releases/1.8/ for the full release notes.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries. It also includes essential elements such
as audio and video format converters, and higher-level components like playbin,
decodebin, encodebin, and discoverer.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plugins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- typefind functions
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: videoconvert, videoscale
- high-level components: playbin, uridecodebin, decodebin, encodebin, discoverer
- libraries: app, audio, fft, pbutils, riff, rtp, rtsp, sdp, tag, video
- contains a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plugins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plugins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect, or are still missing documentation
and/or unit tests
- contains a set of codecs plugins based on libav (formerly gst-ffmpeg)
Bugs fixed in this release
: encoding-profile: Remove codec_data and streamheader fields from constraint caps
: codec-utils: Don't put level=0 into the caps
: smartencoder: Only accept TIME segments for real
: opusdec: Won't negotiate sampling rate anymore
: opusdec: caps leak in gst_opus_dec_negotiate()
: encoding-profile: Make creation of encoding profile from discoverer info more robust
: sdp: rtpjpegdepay regression: Does not extract frame dimensions from SDP anymore
: opusdec with FEC breaks when packet sizes change
: videosink: test_video_center_rect raise a warning when turning on debug
: playbin: fix suburidecodebin leak
: video-color: Fix colorimetry IS_UNKNOWN
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Guillaume Desmottes
- Hyunjun Ko
- Olivier Crête
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stian Selnes
- Thiago Santos