Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plugins 1.12.3
The GStreamer team is proud to announce the third bugfix release in the stable
1.12 release series of your favourite cross-platform multimedia framework!
This release only contains bugfixes and it is safe to update from 1.12.x. For a
full list of bugfixes see Bugzilla.
See /releases/1.12/ for the full release notes.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries. It also includes essential elements such
as audio and video format converters, and higher-level components like playbin,
decodebin, encodebin, and discoverer.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plugins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- typefind functions
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: videoconvert, videoscale
- high-level components: playbin, uridecodebin, decodebin, encodebin, discoverer
- libraries: app, audio, fft, pbutils, riff, rtp, rtsp, sdp, tag, video
- contains a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plugins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plugins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect, or are still missing documentation
and/or unit tests
- contains a set of codecs plugins based on libav (formerly gst-ffmpeg)
Bugs fixed in this release
: videodecoder: Default buffer pool supports GstVideoAlignment but downstream might not
: decodebin3: Don't send duplicated stream-start event
: urisourcebin: Push EOS if slot is still eos state
: encodebin: fix possible pad ref leak in error code path
: Possible Memory leak in gstssaparse.c
: videofilter: Forgets to unmap input buffer after failing to map output buffer
: urisourcebin: Buffering broken for adaptive streams with inactive streams
: audioencoder: Integer overflows in timestamp/granulepos calculation code on discont
: urisourcebin/decodebin3: Don't use custom EOS events
: appsrc: erroneous TIME duration query support
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Edward Hervey
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Philippe Normand
- Satya Prakash Gupta
- Sebastian Dröge
- Seungha Yang
- Thibault Saunier
- Tim-Philipp Müller