Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plugins 1.1.90
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new bug-fix release
in the 1.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 1.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.10.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.10.x series and
will not affect an existing 0.10.x installation.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries. It also includes essential elements such
as audio and video format converters, and higher-level components like playbin,
decodebin, encodebin, and discoverer.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plugins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- typefind functions
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: videoconvert, videoscale
- high-level components: playbin, uridecodebin, decodebin, encodebin, discoverer
- libraries: app, audio, fft, pbutils, riff, rtp, rtsp, sdp, tag, video
- contains a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plugins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plugins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect, or are still missing documentation
and/or unit tests
- contains a set of codecs plugins based on libav (formerly gst-ffmpeg)
Bugs fixed in this release
: Elements need special handling of interlaced planar YUV formats with vertical subsampling
: videodecoder: no timestamps for multifilesrc ! jpegdec ! ...
: videofilter: it might make sense to implement the " transform_meta " virtual method
: videoconvert: generic conversion produces artifacts
: POTFILES.in is out of date
: testsuite FAIL: elements/audioconvert
: videoencoder: doesn't check for invalid duration
: rtspsrc state change always blocks when source is offline (waiting for connect timeout)
: playbin, playsink: typo in convert-sample signal docs
: id3v2 blob frames are not encapsuled in a GstSample
: Strings missed in POT
: dmabuf allocator shouldn't a singleton
: riff: Add support for TSCC2
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Alex Ashley
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
- Josep Torra
- Loïc Minier
- Matej Knopp
- Mathieu Duponchelle
- Matthieu Bouron
- Olivier Crête
- Piotr Drąg
- Sebastian Dröge
- Thiago Santos
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans