Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plugins 1.0.6
The GStreamer team is pleased to announce a new bug-fix release
in the 1.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 1.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.10.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.10.x series and
will not affect an existing 0.10.x installation.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries. It also includes essential elements such
as audio and video format converters, and higher-level components like playbin,
decodebin, encodebin, and discoverer.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plugins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- typefind functions
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: videoconvert, videoscale
- high-level components: playbin, uridecodebin, decodebin, encodebin, discoverer
- libraries: app, audio, fft, pbutils, riff, rtp, rtsp, sdp, tag, video
- contains a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plugins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plugins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect, or are still missing documentation
and/or unit tests
- contains a set of codecs plugins based on libav (formerly gst-ffmpeg)
Features of this release
- adder: fix setting caps via the "caps" property
- alsasink: don't use 100% CPU
- appsrc: fix locking order
- encodebin: sync muxer state with parent bin so encodebin can be added dynamically to pipeline
- libvisual: fix improper video frame clear operation
- pango: fix attribute list handling
- playbin: fix playsink caps handling so that converters get plugged when needed
- playbin: fix subtitleoverlay caps handling to avoid not-negotiated errors when plugins are missing
- videoscale: Correct DAR and border calculations
- ximagesink: fon't access structures of EMPTY caps
- typefinding: fix y4m caps
- build: fix build with automake 1.13
Bugs fixed in this release
: Seek in matroska file fails with not-negotiated error when using playsink
: playbin: converters don't work? not-negotiated error with non-1/1 PAR and ximagesink
: alsasink: playing video files with gst-launch causes CPU 100%
: GstImageType documentation is misleading
: appsrc deadlocks when setting pad caps before pushing buffer
: 1.0 branch is still using AM_CONFIG_HEADER
: subparse: fix bogus discontinuity detection if offset not set on buffers
: videoscale does not preserve DAR with add-borders=TRUE
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Arnaud Vrac
- Greg Rutz
- Jan Schmidt
- Jan Schole
- Olivier Crête
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Sauer
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Vincent Penquerc'h
- Wim Taymans