Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.11.2
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.11.x unstable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.11.x series is an unstable series targeted at developers and will
eventually lead up to the stable 1.0 series.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.10.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.10.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- typefind functions
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: videoconvert
- aggregate elements: uridecodebin, playbin, decodebin, encodebin
- libraries: app, audio, cdda, fft, interfaces, pbutils, riff, rtp, rtsp, sdp, tag, video
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- Parallel installability with 0.10.x series
- Many API cleanups
- Ported to new 0.11 core API changes
- Use new GstSample for snapshots
- Improved video filter base class
- New multichannel caps with mask
- Port network elements to GIO
- Many fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
: [0.11] [playbin(2)/uridecodebin] " connection-speed " should be a guint64 instead of a guint
: tag: no-return-in-nonvoid-function compiler warning gstxmptag.c:178
: [0.11] circular dependency between libgstpbutils and libgstaudio
: Audiotestsrc segfaults when trying to changing 'wave' parameter
: printf format mismatch causes compiler warnings
: Missing DiscoverInfo API in 0.11
: [0.11] Remove deprecated theoraenc properties
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Alessandro Decina
- Alexey Fisher
- Andoni Morales Alastruey
- Andy Wingo
- Anssi Hannula
- Benjamin Otte
- Brian Cameron
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
- Colin Walters
- Damien Lespiau
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Felipe Contreras
- George Kiagiadakis
- Havard Graff
- Idar Tollefsen
- Jan Schmidt
- Jason DeRose
- Jonathan Matthew
- Josep Torra
- Kipp Cannon
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Mart Raudsepp
- Matej Knopp
- Mersad Jelacic
- Michael Smith
- Nicolas Dufresne
- Oleksij Rempel (Alexey Fisher)
- Olivier Aubert
- Olivier Crête
- Pascal Buhler
- Philip Flarsheim
- Philip Jägenstedt
- Philippe Normand
- Piotr Fusik
- René Stadler
- Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet
- Robert Swain
- Ryan Lortie
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Kost
- Stefan Sauer
- Thiago Santos
- Thibault Saunier
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Vincent Penquerc'h
- Wim Taymans
- Youness Alaoui
- Zaheer Abbas Merali