Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.7
"Leave the gun"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- typefind improvements
- bug-fixes in textoverlay, audioconvert, videotestsrc, multifdsink and audio source/sink base classes
- Ice-cast metadata support has moved from gnomevfssrc to the icydemux element in gst-plugins-good
- audioresample now supports floating point samples
- Adder element fixes.
- Fixes for network playback and audio resampling in playbin
Bugs fixed in this release
: [adder] handle newsegment events properly
: [API 0.11] [patch] typefind to differentiate between mp4 ...
: [textoverlay] can't display '\n' character
: [patch] adder should send events from src-pad to all sink...
: [patch] alsasink should also query witdh capabilities fro...
: [audioresample] float audio support (for OSX audio sinks)
: [videotestsrc] framerate=0/1 gives assertion error
: Replacing icy demuxing in gnomevfssrc
: [audioresample] should support width != 16
: [patch] [audioconvert] correctly clip float samples > 1.0
: [patch] Bad audio with ASX files
: [patch] Videoscale doesn't pass on pixel-aspect ratio
: [patch] Race condition in multifdsink can lead to spuriou...
: [typefinding] wavpack typefinding doesn't always work
: [volume element] " volume " property range insufficient
: [playbin] doesn't insert audioresample, causes problems w...
: Problem with internal-decodebin
: [multifdsink] client_status enum has an uninitialized nick
: Accessing playbin's streaminfo property from high languag...
: [playbin] automatically get icecast metadata requiring ic...
: some users have an assertion failed: (GST_VIDEO_SINK_WIDT...
: Map GST_TAG_IMAGE < = > ID3v2 APIC tag
- API additions
- client-fd-removed signal added to multifdsink
- stream-info-value-array property added to playbin
- gst_video_calculate_display_ratio() in libgstvideo
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Andy Wingo
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Michael Smith
- Sebastien Moutte
- Sjoerd Simons
- Stefan Kost
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans
- Young-Ho Cha