Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.3
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
- Threadsafe design and API
- typefind improvements
- Ogg decoding and encoding fixes
- Improved audio and video sink classes
- Bug and leak fixes
- Improved video scaling
- On-the-fly visualisation switching
- Subtitle support
Bugs fixed in this release
: [playbin] post error or message on unknown input
: [typefind] can't identify mp3 file with one single mpeg f...
: [playbin] leaks sinks and threads when using gconfaudiosink
: ffmpegcolorspace support for fourcc " UYVY "
: check that all elements in -base pass queries they can't ...
: Fix build with gcc 2.95
: [decodebin] timeout issue when pre-rolling
: Fix oggmux removing pads from collect pads
: gsttextoverlay.c:895: 'struct _GstCollectData' has no mem...
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Andy Wingo
- David Schleef
- Edgard Lima
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Jens Granseuer
- Julien MOUTTE
- Philippe Kalaf
- Sebastien Moutte
- Stefan Kost
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans