Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.29
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: uridecodebin, playbin2, decodebin2, decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- video: add support for color-matrix and chroma-site fields in video caps and selected elements
- video: Add support for 8-bit and 16-bit grayscale formats
- typefinding: add AAC profile, level, channels and rate to ADTS caps
- tags: add basic xmp metadata support
- gio, gnomevfs: invert ranks of gio and gnomevfs elements: gio is prefered now, gnomevfs has been deprecated
- riff: add mapping for On2 VP62 and VP7 and add some more MPEG4 fourccs
- playsink: Don't fail if there are subtitles and audio but no video
- oggdemux: map old FLAC mapping correctly
- alsa: handle disappearing of sound device whilst in use more gracefully
- playbin: Only unref the volume element on dispose and when a new audio sink is set
- build: build plugin, example and libs directories in parallel if make -jN is used
- uridecodebin/playbin2: we can handle avi in download mode too
- rtsp: handle closed POST socket in tunneling, ignore unparsable ranges, allow for more ipv6 addresses
- audiopayload: add property to control packet duration
Bugs fixed in this release
: xvimagesink could miss initial expose
: vorbisdec introduces timestamp discontinuity at the end
: [uridecodebin] No download buffering for AVI files
: xmp metadata support in tag library
: [volume] Use sample accurate property values if a controller is used
: don't poll geometry for every frame
: [xoverlay] add set_render_rectangle() methods
: [playbin2] Don't fail if there are subtitles and audio but no video
: playbin2: Warning: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed with custom text sink
: [base(audio)sink] hangs in _wait_eos
: typefind: Post AAC profile in caps
: Examples and tests don't compile with -DGSEAL_ENABLE
: Warning when compiling gstsubparse.c with MSVC
: [typefindfunctions] crash in strncasecmp() on windows
: Add On2 VP62 and VP7 support in riff-media
: Improper boundary condition handling in videoscale.
: ximagesink memory leak
: [audiopayload] add property to control packet duration
: [PATCH] autogen.sh: Don't call configure with --enable-plugin-docs
: [gio] compiler warning with GLib 2.18, breaks build with -Werror
: docs: gst_x_overlay_handle_events() lacks Since: tag
: typefind: Export AAC level in caps
: rtspsrc doesn't parse negative port numbers
: [xmp] refactoring to 1-n tag mappings
: [oggdemux] flac: file does not play locally
: Setting playbin volume has no effect the second time around
: gstalsasrc mixer task spins 100% CPU when USB sound card is removed
: Trying to compile and it blows up at seek
: Compile breaks on Mac OS 10.5.8 on new jsseek example
: Buffer Leak in audiorate during fill process
: Problems with Makefile
: [ximagesink] gst_ximagesink_xwindow_update_geometry: assertion `xwindow != NULL' failed
: [ffmpegcolorspace] Crashes when converting Y41B with some width/height combinations
- API additions
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Arun Raghavan
- Benjamin Otte
- Damien Lespiau
- David Hoyt
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Olivier Crête
- Peter Kjellerstedt
- Reuben Dowle
- Rob Clark
- Robert Swain
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Kost
- Thiago Santos
- Thomas Green
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Torsten Schönfeld
- Vincent Untz
- Wim Taymans