Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.27
"No Mistakes Allowed"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc, giosrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: uridecodebin, decodebin2, playbin2, decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- playbin2,decodebin2: lots of fixes for missing plugin installation
- playbin2, playsink, subtitleoverlay: Set subtitle encoding properly
- videorate: Improve upstream negotiation
- oggdemux: use the chain begin_time instead of our counter
- oggdemux: mark skeleton streams correctly
- oggdemux: theora PAR of 0:N, N:0 or 0:0 is allowed and maps to 1:1
- typefinding: detect stm module format
- ffmpegcolorspace: add conversions from all ARGB formats to AYUV and back
- theoradec: Fix chroma copying for 4:2:2
- tcpclientsrc,tcpserversrc: Fix handling of closed sockets
- examples,build: dist header file for the Qt graphics view example
- playsink: Reset the sink's state to NULL before unreffing it unless it's the same instance again
- rtspconnection: make sure not to dereference NULL username or password
- appsrc: Update segment duration and post a duration message if the duration changes
- vorbisdec: also support ivorbis tremor decoder
- rtsp: fail gracefully on bad Content-Length headers
- rtsp: ignore \n and \r as the first line
Bugs fixed in this release
: codec autodetection does not always work
: [videorate] fails at upstream negotiation
: [appsrc] Should request new data before the queue is empty
: rtspsrc problem with \n and \r as first line
: [vorbisdec] also support integer vorbis decoder (tremor) library implementation
: typefind: Typefind does not handle .stm module format
: [appsrc] gst_app_src_set_size() should update duration and post a duration message
: [oggdemux] regression: bad seek granularity
: [rtsp] NULL pointer reference in gstrtspconnection
: [playbin2] Subtitle encoding property has no effect
: [theoradec] doesn't copy all chroma lines for 4:2:2
: [playbin2] doesn't play if text flag is unset and media has text subtitles
: [tcpserversrc] Doesn't send EOS when socket is closed
: overlay examples are now inconsistent and broken
: missing header file in the tarball
: [oggdemux] doesn't preroll big_buck_bunny_427x240.indexed.ogg in push mode
: [oggdemux] no duration or seeking in local big_buck_bunny_427x240.indexed.ogg in pull mode
: Totem can no longer open Matroska files that hold ASS subtitles
- API additions
- appsrc::min-percent property
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
Find us on IRC at #gstreamer.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Benjamin Otte
- David Schleef
- Götz Waschk
- Josep Torra Valles
- Kaj-Michael Lang
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Patrick Radizi
- Sebastian Dröge
- Stefan Kost
- Thiago Santos
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans