Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.16
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- Handle newer Theora granule-pos semantics
- Introducing first alpha version playbin2 - the upcoming successor to playbin
- Fixes in playbin handling of stream-switching
- New API for uniform handling of raw-video format buffers.
- Improvements for RTSP/RTP handling
- RIFF lib additions for VC-1 and AVC1 fourccs
- Many other bug-fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
: Review of changes in video/video.h
: [oggdemux] cannot handle multiple chains
: [playbin] throws error when switching off subtitles
: Intermittent crashes in Pidgin in audioclock g_type_class...
: [streamselector] patch to improve default stream selection
: [alsamixer] use _all variants when setting the mixer
: theoraenc test fails
: gst-plugins-base-0.10.15 does not compile on FreeBSD (Gen...
: Provide better pkg-config files
: [subparse] SubRip subtitles starting from 0 not recognised
: The control sockets used by gstrtspconnection.c are never...
: [cdda] warning: 'eos' may be used uninitialized in this f...
: [alsamixer] add " PCM " as master fall back for cards that ...
: [decodebin] does not error out if pad activation fails
: missing file in win32/MANIFEST
: gst_rtp_buffer_get_extension_data is returning FALSE when...
: [PATCH] xvimagesink leaks memory if initialization fails
: [PATCH] RTSP message leaks memory when uninitialized
: SIGSEGV while playing ogg audio file
- API additions
- New GstVideoFormat API and helper functions in libgstvideo
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Bastien Nocera
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Jerone Young
- Joe Peterson
- Julien MOUTTE
- Julien Moutte
- Michael Smith
- Peter Kjellerstedt
- Robin Stocker
- Sebastian Dröge
- Sebastien Moutte
- Stefan Kost
- Thijs Vermeir
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Tommi Myöhänen
- Wim Taymans