Release notes for
GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.14
"Light Years Ahead"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
- device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
- containers: ogg
- codecs: vorbis, theora
- text: textoverlay, subparse
- sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
- network: tcp
- audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
- visualisation: libvisual
- video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
- aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
- Audio dither and noise-shaping when reducing bit-depth
- RTSP and SDP helper libraries added
- Experimental buffering element "queue2" now supports pull-mode
and file-based buffering.
- Support for more 32-bit video pixel layouts
- Various fixes and improvements
- Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
- Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
: [x*imagesink] add 'handle-expose' property
: oggmux sometimes gets DELTA flag on output wrong near start
: videoscale 4-tap method broken for downscaling
: [xvimagesink] add property to disable Xv double-buffering
: queue2 support to do buffering on a file
: [v4lsrc] doesn't output segments in GST_FORMAT_TIME
: [videorate] doesn't handle latency queries
: Audiotestsrc can overflow on seeks
: [queue2] Pull mode support
: Compilation error with fsseko (from gstqueue2.c) -- unabl...
: [queue2] It does not work in pull mode with oggdemux
: [queue2] Buffering is not working properly if it is set t...
: [queue2] Division by zero
: warning when compiling gstoggdemux.c
: Regression in CVS for decodebin2
: Missing files in po/POTFILES.in
: [tag] UTF-8 in ID3v1 tag not correctly decoded
: [ffmpegcolorspace] regression: doesn't accept GST_VIDEO_C...
: Playbin fails to " play " image url after a movie url
: [API] Addition of audio buffer clipping function to gstaudio
: gst_audio_buffer_clip outputs warnings
: [PATCH] GstAlsaMixer doesn't support signals
: [audioconvert] Optionally apply dithering
: Add support for Subviewer subtitles
: Base payloader class has wrong property types and ranges
: [vorbisdec] errors out on 0-sized packets
: [PATCH] [playbin] gst_play_base_bin_get_streaminfo_value_...
- API additions
- RTSP and SDP libraries added
- Add buffer clipping function gst_audio_buffer_clip for raw audio buffers. Fixes #456656.
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the
gst-plugins-base download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-base repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Andy Wingo
- Bastien Nocera
- Dan Williams
- David Schleef
- Edward Hervey
- Jan Schmidt
- Jorn Baayen
- Michael Smith
- Sebastian Dröge
- Sebastien Moutte
- Stefan Kost
- Thiago Sousa Santos
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans