QtGStreamer provides C++ bindings for GStreamer with a Qt-style API,
plus some helper classes for integrating GStreamer better in Qt
The QtGStreamer C++ bindings are very out of date and unmaintained.
For integration with the Qt toolkit there is the qmlglsink
element in gst-plugins-bad (soon to be moved to gst-plugins-base or -good)
which is a video sink that renders to a QQuickItem in a QML application.
- uses QtCore helper classes (QString, QList, etc..) where it can, to ease integration with Qt
- provides proper Qt event loop integration for GstBus, which is useful for platforms where Qt is not compiled with GLib event loop support
- provides a video widget for plugging several GStreamer video sinks into Qt GUI applications (outdated, see above)
- provides support for connecting arbitrary GObject signals to C++ slots in a type safe manner, without knowing the signals interface at compile time. This is especially useful for connecting signals from element plugins
- provides bindings that completely hide the GStreamer ABI, so your application doesn’t need to link to GStreamer itself