GStreamer Conference 2014
16-17 October 2014 · Congress Centre Düsseldorf · Düsseldorf, Germany
The 5th GStreamer Conference will again
be co-located with the Embedded Linux Conference Europe (ELCE),
LinuxCon Europe, and the Linux Plumbers Conference.
The event will be held on Thursday and Friday 16-17 October 2014 at
the Congress Centre Düsseldorf (CCD) in Düsseldorf, Germany.
The GStreamer Conference is a conference for developers, decision-makers,
community members, industry partners, and anyone else interested in the
GStreamer multimedia framework or Open Source and cross-platform multimedia.
Call for Papers
The call for papers is now closed and talk proposals can no longer be submitted.
Showcase or Lightning Talks
If you don't think you have enough material for a full talk, but perhaps
just want to showcase something you're working on, or present a problem or
challenge you are facing or have solved, and that you think might be
interesting for others to hear about, why not submit a 5-10 minute
mini-talk for our lightning talk/showcase event?
Simply send a quick mail to email@example.com above to reserve your slot (subject to availability). Lightning Talk submissions are still accepted.
There will be a social event for registered attendees on
Thursday 16 October 2014 in the evening (details to be confirmed).
Schedule and speakers list
We have an exciting range of topics and speakers lined up for you
- A New Tracing Subsystem for GStreamer · Stefan Kost, Google
- Cross-Platform WebRTC with GStreamer · Robert Swain, Ericsson
- GStreamer, it's all about the negotiation · Edward Hervey
- HTML5, the Web and GStreamer · Luis de Bethencourt
- GStreamer State of the Union · Tim Müller, Centricular
- Kurento: Creating a GStreamer-based Media Server for Real-Time Communication Services · Luis López Fernández
- Secure RTP · Wim Taymans, RedHat
- Smart Properties for Pipelines · Jeongseok Kim, LG Electronics
- Stereoscopic 3D Video · Jan Schmidt, Centricular
- Trick Modes in GStreamer · Sebastian Dröge, Centricular
- Using Playbin in a Limited Resources Environment · Wonchul Lee, LG Electronics
- Implementing WebRTC capabilities for GStreamer: the case of the Kurento WebRtcEndpoint · Miguel París Díaz
- Efficient multimedia support in QtWebKit on Raspberry Pi · Philippe Normand and Miguel Gómez, Igalia
- Validate your elements behaviour, Investigate your bugs and avoid regressions with gst-validate! · Thibault Saunier
- GStreamer on Wayland overview · George Kiagiadaki, Collabora
- The Development of Video4Linux Decoder support · Nicolas Dufresne, Collabora
- Bridging the divide between GStreamer and a largely C++11 codebase · Cort Tompkins, IPConfigure
- GStreamer and digital television support · Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet, Samsung
- MPEG-H 3D Audio, next generation audio compression standard · Tomasz Żernicki, Zylia
- GStreamer's role in Tizen · Chengjun Wang, Samsung
- HLS, DASH, MMS: Adaptive Streaming Formats in GStreamer · Thiago Sousa Santos, Samsung
- State-of-the-art GStreamer on Android with Java and Scala · Nenad V. Nikolić
- OpenGL Desktop/ES for the GStreamer 1.4 pipeline · Matthew Waters
- Over the top GStreamer · Alex Ashley, YouView
- GstHarness again - A follow up · Pexip
- Videocodec development with GStreamer · Pexip
- Porting Pexip Infinity to 1.x - Live pipeline challenges · Pexip
- Stream IDs and how they're used in Transmageddon · Christian Schaller, RedHat
- Time synchronization in multipoint audio streaming using GStreamer in 3DAudioSense system · Tomasz Żernicki, Zylia
- Testing Video4Linux Applications and Drivers · Hans Verkuil, Cisco
- Automatic audio-video synchronisation measurement using GStreamer and OpenCV · Florent Thiery, UbiCast
- Pexcision - Real-time media-detection testing-framework · Pexip
- Your talk here?
A more detailed conference schedule with talk abstracts and speaker bios
will be available in due course.
Who should join?
Anyone interested in open source cross-platform multimedia is encouraged
to join us at the GStreamer Conference 2014.
Whether you are a hobbyist or a student interested in the field of
multimedia, or working for a company using or looking to use GStreamer
in their products, this is the perfect event for you to network at and
to learn more about the latest technological breakthroughs in and around
GStreamer. The talks will target both developers and managers.
Registration is now open and will stay open until the conference.
Sign up for the GStreamer Conference here
There will be separate registration options for both professionals and for students and hobbyists:
||250 USD (until 31 July)
||350 USD (from 1 August)
The registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch at the venue
on both conference days.
For those uncertain about whether to register as a professional or hobbyist,
the general rule is that if your company pays for you or sponsors you, you
are a professional, and if you personally pay you are a student or hobbyist.
If in doubt drop us a mail or just register as hobbyist. The important
thing is that you'll make it to the conference!
Speakers who do a longer presentation will receive a discount code, so if
you have submitted a talk or plan to submit a talk you may want to wait
with registration until a decision has been made as to whether your
proposal has been accepted.
Sponsors will receive a number of free registrations as part of the
There are a few other events taking place alongside or just before the
GStreamer Conference on October 16-17 this year, so if you are making
your way to Düsseldorf you might want to consider combining the GStreamer
Conference with some of the other events.
A list of hotels will be posted here closer to the time.
If you have any questions about the GStreamer Conference or are considering
becoming a sponsor,
Conference News and Updates
2014-August-02: UbiCast is welcomed back as special media partner who will record the talks
2014-July-30: The GStreamer project is delighted to welcome back Google as Silver sponsor
2014-July-30: Paper submission is now closed, but Lightning talks (~5-10 mins) may still be submitted
2014-June-30: The call for papers is now open and talk proposals can be submitted
2014-June-22: The Sponsor brief is now available
2014-June-14: Registration now open
Past GStreamer Conferences
22-23 October 2013 · Edinburgh International Conference Centre · Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
27-28 August 2012 · Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina · San Diego, USA
24-25 October 2011 · Clarion Congress Hotel · Prague, Czech Republic
26 October 2010 · University Arms Hotel · Cambridge, UK
Special Media Partners
Interested in becoming a sponsor ?