Release notes for
GStreamer Bad Plugins 1.0.6
The GStreamer team is pleased to announce a new bug-fix release
in the 1.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 1.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.10.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.10.x series and
will not affect an existing 0.10.x installation.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plugins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plugins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plugins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plugins are:
- contains a basic set of well-supported plugins
- contains a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred license
- contains a set of well-supported plugins, but might pose problems for
- contains a set of codecs plugins based on libav (formerly gst-ffmpeg)
Features of this release
- audiovisualizer: fix improper video frame clear operation
- codecparsers: h264: add inferred value for slice_beta_offset_div2
- codecparsers: h264: zero-initialize SPS VUI parameters
- codecparsers: mpeg2: add helpers to convert quantization matrices
- codecparsers: mpeg2: store quantization matrices in zigzag scan order
- codecparsers: vc1: fix bitplanes decoding
- codecparsers: vc1: fix calculation of ALTPQUANT
- codecparsers: vc1: fix parser for DQPROFILE in VOPDQUANT
- codecparsers: vc1: fix VOPDQUANT parser for DQUANT == 2
- curltlssink: set correct level of SSL for the transfer
- decklink: port to 1.0
- dvbsrc: handle EINTR from poll
- dvdspu: fix rendering of PGS windows with left != 0
- eglglessink: port to 1.0
- element-maker: update for 1.0
- gdppay: fix buffer leak when new caps are same as old caps
- interlace: fix negotiation for true interlaced modes
- opensles: Port to 1.0
- opusdec: clear the state of the decoder
- opusenc: fix crash when setting "cbr" property when encoder is not running yet
- opuspay: fix timestamps
- tsdemux: expose VC1 streams with missing descriptor
Bugs fixed in this release
: DVB playback is at 1 fps after update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3
: h264parse: evaluate vui parameters only when they where parsed and set
: gst-element-maker Generates Incorrect Code
: curltlssink: incorrect ssl level
: codecparsers: h264: add inferred value for slice_beta_offset_div2
: codecparsers: vc1: fix parser for DQPROFILE in VOPDQUANT
: codecparsers: vc1: fix calculation of ALTPQUANT
: codecparsers: vc1: fix VOPDQUANT parser for DQUANT == 2
: codecparsers: vc1: fix VOPDQUANT parser
: codecparsers: vc1: fix bitplanes decoding
: opusenc: crash when setting " cbr " property
: make -bad be able to be called " out-of-tree "
: [rtpopuspay] - No rtp timestamp
: codecparsers: mpeg2: fix scan order for in-stream quantization matrices
: tsdemux: doesn't expose VC1 pad when descriptor is missing
: dvbsrc: needs to handle EINTR instead of erroring out
: inter: gstintertest has a number of memory leaks
: gdppay: leak when getting caps identical to your current ones
: audiovisualizer: crash while clearing video frame
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the
gst-plugins-bad download directory.
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
The project's website is http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org.
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for
bug reports and feature requests.
Please submit patches via bugzilla as well.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
Git is hosted on git.freedesktop.org. You can
browse the gst-plugins-bad repository.
All code is in Git and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list.
Contributors to this release
- Cong Zhong
- David Schleef
- Greg Rutz
- Gwenole Beauchesne
- Jan Schmidt
- Josep Torra
- Julian Scheel
- Mark Nauwelaerts
- Patricia Muscalu
- Sebastian Dröge
- Tim 'mithro' Ansell
- Tim Ansell
- Tim-Philipp Müller
- Wim Taymans